Thu, 18 Mar|
Building your community practice framework Masterclass
This two-day masterclass will support participants to build their personal community practice framework
Time & Location
18 Mar 2021, 9:30 am AEST – 19 Mar 2021, 4:30 pm AEST
Maleny, Maleny QLD 4552, Australia
About the event
The Masterclass will:
- Support participants to develop a personal community practice framework, drawing on the work of Participatory Development Practice (Kelly & Westoby, 2018).
- Support several processes to ‘generate data’ for frameworking through diverse knowledges.
- Reflective practice knowledge (reflecting on projects and processes participants have been a part of to ‘see’ the actual practice)
- Embodied knowledge (knowledge held in the body, intuition, emotion) o Knowledge-on-country (knowledge through listening to country)
- Academic knowledge (from books, theory, including participant archives of academic knowledge that is significant in their lives)
- Enable participants to identify patterns from the data, thereby articulating key dimensions for their framework
- Distil a symbol, name and shape that ‘holds’ a memorable version of the dimensions of the framework.
The masterclass will be potent and practical for:
- Community workers developing their first practice framework
- Community workers who would like to reflect on, and evolve their existing practice framework
- Managers of community organisations or NGOs with a community-orientation, to develop their ‘community’ management framework
- Social workers or other social practitioners focused on community practice